So the place where I work, Happy Jack's, was robbed on Saturday night. I closed saturday night. Talk about freaky.
Sunday in church I got a call from one of my co-workers, and I thought that was odd, considering all of them know I'm most likely going to be in church on sunday mornings. Anyway, I texted Sam back(ooohhh...pastor's daughters text in church?), only to recieve the responce "Happy Jack's was robbed last night." Needless to say, I was freaking out the whole rest of the service, itching to call her back with more details. I found that they had come in after we left, de-activated the security system somehow, and stolen the entire safe, and all of the gift cirtificates. Considering I had to work that same day at 4, my thought was "Okay. At least I get the day off." Nope. They re-opened at about 2:30pm, just in time for my shift. Yipee. I arrived there, feeling like I could vomit at any moment, and my hands were literally shaking. I know a thief would have to be a complete retard to return to the scene of the crime the NEXT day, but still, you can't blame me for being scared! I was relieved when the two guys who were working that night arrived, even though I'm taller than them. I made sure to tell them they had to protect us girls! The other girl manager there that night was scared as well. My dad had offered to come and sit there studying just incase, and we decided to take him up on that offer. Needless to say, nothing happened, but it was still nice to feel somewhat safe with my 6'5" dad on the lookout.
What made it even more scary was that there were still muddy footprints on the floor, and fingerprints all over the windows. I felt like I was in the movie "when a stranger calls" everytime the phone would ring.
But a thing that got me through the night was singing Skillet's song "Whispers in the Dark" in my head the whole time. I think that was God's way of keeping me feeling protected. Thank you, God, for your protection!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh my goodness. wooow. sorry u were scared I dont know if I would have been in your situation. Im glad u made it. wait ur dad is a pastor?
YOUR DAD IS A PASTOR?!?!!
Awesome.
Post a Comment