From the land of blistering hot car interriors and frigid air conditioning. Also known as Tampa, Florida(which, might I add is the hometown of Underoath..) I wasn't there for the most joyous of reasons, but it turned out to be a blessing.
It all started a couple Saturdays ago, when my 87 year old Nana coded in the hospital, and had to be kept alive by a respirator. She had alot of health problems, so this was somewhat expected. The multiple scans of her brain showed absolutely no activity, so it was obvious that we had to turn off the life support. We waited until the extended family flew in from Maine and Florida to say goodbye, and we all stood around the hospital bed singing hymns as we watched her pulse flatline. It was a...different...experience, to say the least. The thing that made it easier is that we know, without a doubt, that Nana is with Jesus.
Her funeral was scheduled for the next week in Florida, so we booked our flight. We arrived at the airport at about 5am on tuesday morning for our 6:30 flight. Needless to say, we were tired. We got "randomly" chosen for an extended security check...and also needless to say, they found nothing by searching our bags and patting us down.
We got to florida around 11ish. It was nice. The funeral was on wednesday, and it was very sweet. The thing that made me cry was watching my dad sing his mom's favorite songs with his guitar. It was sweet though, nana would've loved it.
My uncle left for maine the next day and that was sad. My uncle Matt is one of my favorite uncles. The next few days were spent at the beach...LOVE! Perfect weather..perfect water temperature.....and a school of minnows jumping in the air and slapping us in the face. Ahh...Florida.
We left on saturday, and surprise! We were "randomly" chosen AGAIN for extra security check! I wonder if it's because we have a weird last name like Drinnenberg. Hmm..maybe, maybe not. Whatever. When I got home I was slightly sad, but I missed the cool fall air. Fall is, in fact, my favorite season.
So yeah, that's pretty much my trip to florida in a nutshell. Hope you weren't too bored.
----Hannah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I find it so interesting how it was sad but u still enjoyed it! way to go! sorry about the security checks..woow. I like fall too!
Post a Comment