Kim and I left around 2, and got to madison in lightning fast time around 3:30. It took us until 4 to actually find the stage and/or parking though. Hey, at least we pretty much know madison like the backs of our hands now.
We parked and walked over to the stage, which was still getting assembled. There were only a couple fans there, including a girl that Kelly and I had met at the Rave show. Kim and I decided to go find some grub, and ran into good ol' Relient K. They were walking down the street, and I said "Hey" and they said "Hey how's it goin?" as they passed. After getting some hot dogs with Kim, we headed back to the stage to secure our front row spots. Somehow I always end up in front of Hoopes. I think 6 out of the 8 times I've seen them that's how it's been. Strange. Then I glanced over to the street and did a double take, because I spotted Kelly and April! I ran over to them screaming. What can I say, I was happy to see them! They were like "Surprise!" They definitely drove 7 1/2 hours to see this show. Now that's fan dedication.
Next we went back to our front row spots, and April and Kelly said they would be front row by the time the show starts. Kelly said she didn't drive 7 1/2 hours for SECOND row. The girls next to us proceeded to push right back when we tried to make room, we even asked them to make room, considering they had plenty. The girl from the Rave refused, I think it was because she wanted to be right in front of Thiessen(no surprise there.) When The Last Goodnight started, Kelly and April made their mad dash for front row, and succeeded. Now all four of us were front row, and everything was better. Relient K came on, and only had a 40 minute set. They did about 5 songs, and had to skip to Be My Escape because Matt T's guitar wasn't working. Then the crowd screamed for an encore(the usual), and they got his guitar working, and played a few more songs. Hoopes tossed me his pick and I nabbed a set list and some posters that some girls were handing out and that completed the show.
Kim and I went over to talk to Jon, and I got my picture with him, because he was the only RK-er that I didn't get my picture with at Sonshine.
Then Jon spotted April and Kelly before we could and we went over and chatted with them some more. As Jon left, Matt T came over to say bye to Kelly and April. He recognized me and we all talked for a little bit. I snapped a picture for Kelly and April, as always. I think I should have a uniform that says "Kelly and April's personal Relient K Photographer."
Then we said goodbye and Kelly and April left for MN. Kim and I went back to the good ol' Illinois and after getting lost by missing our exit, were glad to be home when we finally arrived.
It was a good day.


4 comments:
i wish i could have been there!
as of last week, im halfway to your 8 times of seeing rk..
as for me, jon is the only one ive gotten a pic with...
last show i was at i was wearing the shirt you are there in the picture.. and there were insane ammounts of kiddos wearing the same. everyone was my twin...
i cant wait till my next show.. im thinkin of driving 7 hrs too :]
alexis
ahh awesome!!! I cant wait to see them again! ahhhhh
again.. love ur pic!
I'm not jealous.
Nope, not at all.
Oh, and way to steal my shirt.
haha, you guys got lost on the way back ??
Post a Comment